e

Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Rainbow Falls (Hawaii)




Rainbow (Waiānuenue) Falls is a waterfall located in Hilo, Hawaii. It is 80 ft (24 m) tall and almost 100 ft (30 m) in diameter. The falls are part of the Hawai'i State Parks. There is no fee to see the falls.

Getting to Rainbow Falls from downtown Hilo is simple, but please take note that the directions in Google maps under the colloquial name are incorrect. Be certain to avoid the rough backroads that lack park access by following GPS directions to "Wailuku River State Park" (or continue reading). There are brown Waiānuenue signs posted to help once you are on the right track.


Directions: Follow Waiānuenue Avenue uphill past the Hilo Public Library. Keep going past Union Elementary School and continue past the middle school. Bear right at the baseball diamond; the left fork turns into Saddle Road. Turn right at the brown and yellow "Wailuku River State Park" sign. The parking lot can accommodate tour buses. If your legs are strong and accustomed to hills, it is possible to walk here from downtown Hilo. Bouldering is possible at the top of the falls if you wear decent shoes.



At Rainbow (Waiānuenue) Falls, the Wailuku River rushes into a large pool below. The gorge is blanketed by lush, dense tropical foliage and the turquoise colored pool is bordered by beautiful wild ginger. Monstera is also in abundance. The falls are accessible via Wailuku River State Park, Waiānuenue Avenue, coordinates 19 ° 43'9 "N 155 ° 6'34" W, and are best seen from the park's viewing platform.


Known in the Hawaiian language as Waiānuenue (literally "rainbow water"), [1] the falls flows over a natural lava cave, the mythological home to Hina, an ancient Hawaiian goddess. [2]

Rainbow Falls derives its name from the fact that, on sunny mornings around 10AM, rainbows can be seen in the mist thrown up by the waterfall. Timing this is quite a feat in Hilo! Sun is scarce, so you'll want to plan for a day with a clear morning, or wait until clouds pass. It is also best to come the day after a heavy rain storm so that the falls are running strong.
Hello us your You can spend happy times always
Share:

Tour Total


skyscraper in the center of the business district La Défense "defense", Paris, France. It features a subsidiary of oil company Total offices.Built the tower in 1985, and this is the second highest skyscraper in La Défense and the third in France after the tower is not Varist and Munbarnas.ataiwl tower full of the tower is 190 Mtra.o ceiling located in length 187 meters, and 3 other meters are wire Telecommunications and Wireless above the ceiling. It was scheduled to be Areva Tower adjacent to the latter, but the decision has not been. Tour Total is part of the third generation of towers La Défense. The engineers are able to avoid mistakes in the second-generation towers (CBN Tower 21, Varist Tower, Areva) tower and therefore, all of the office tower is the first day include sound management of energy saving (insulating glass, and management of energy consumption).The contents of the towerTour Total consists of five towers in close proximity. Longer tower consists of 48 floors and the second tower of 44 floors and the third and the fourth and fifth floor of 37. On the ground floor there is the bank, and the perfume shop and a travel agency. In the basement there is a swimming pool (also used water as a precaution in case of fire), and a place to put photos. Employees can exercise it. There is also a "reserve" of cars Almtahh.o There normalize restaurant "fast food" (pizza, burgers etc ...), dishes that offer a few staff-fat. And can be accessed through the main door of the elevator of the Grand Arch underground station.
Share:

Avenue des Champs-Élysées

 One of the streets of Paris in France, which is also of the finest and most luxurious tourist and commercial streets in the world, there are Bahanzelsais world-class shops and high-end restaurants such as Betzabeno restaurant also abound in the Champs cafes on the side of the pavement and side roadsat the end of the street there is the Arc de Triomphe a city landmarks.


Share:

Tour Montparnasse

French skyscraper located in Paris, capital of France1973 opened a length of 210 metersand stayed the longest in France until 2011, after the opening of the First TowerTower contains the fastest elevator in Europe, where the climb from the bottom to the top in 38 seconds or 22 km / h.





Tour Montparnasse is located in the neighborhood of Necker, in the province of 15, on the border with the province's 14 (and specifically in the Montparnasse district) and provincial (16 in the center of Rennes Street). The tower is located with induced Palais de Chaillot axis line and the Trocadero Square and the Eiffel Tower and the Champs de Mars and the military school, along with the historical axis.Many institutions offices occupy the majority of the area: 100,000 m2, the 53-story, approximately 5,000 people are employed in the Mediterranean.In 2008, there are:

  
- Floor 14: Al-Jazeera offices.
  
- 29 Floor: Embassy of the Netherlands.
  
- From floor to floor 32 39: general exchange of national education and is the main owner of the tower.
  
- 47 Floor: National Council of Architects (existing since January 2008).
  
- Floors 41 and 52: the headquarters of a group Eramet (also present in the floors 32, 35 and 53).
  
- Floor 55: Amonda access management and occupies the second largest in Europe and ninth worldwide.
  
- AXA Group: 6 floors.
  
- Morgan Stanley: 5 floors.
  
- Mutual de Mann Bond: 3 floors.Tower of Adafons for a restaurant with panoramic views of the capital of Paris, the light on the floor 56 and the sky is the Paris restaurant.



Share:

L'Observatoire de Nice

Astronomical observatory was established in 1879 in the city of Nice in the southwest of France Mont Gros summit (in French: Mont Gros), by banking Rafael (in French: Raphaël Bischoffsheim), and was designed by architect Charles Garnier (French: Charles Garnier), while designed the dome engineered Gustave Eiffel .

History

In 1870, it was not working in France after the end of the war with Prussia only three observatories school tends: one of them was in Paris, the second in Marseille, the third of whom was in Toulouse. These observatories in good condition - was not whether the equipment or technology - which led to a decline in astronomical observations movement in France at that time.

In 1873 he received the banking Rafael - which belongs to the family of Parisian prestigious in the field of exchange and are known for their love for charity - the great wealth he inherited from his father, who died with him recently, so he decided to follow what his family started in the field of philanthropy. At the same time, Rafael was a friend of the Paris Observatory astronomer claims Maurice WWE (in French: Maurice Loewy), has convinced him that he could Morris him to be a great benefit to astronomy. As such, Rafael began to contribute financially to support the Paris Observatory.

Later eternal Rafael readiness to support France Observatory astronomer modern contain stronger Aletilscobat under beautiful skies. This spark was the start of a project Nice Observatory; where View Rafael that the financial support for the project in all respects: the start of the purchase of land and through the creation of buildings and the purchase of gear and ending with the payment of employees' salaries, while the areal office became (in French: Bureau des Longitudes) as a scientific consultant for the project This was the office since its inception in 1795 the affairs specialist astronomical observatories in France.

And on this in 1878 began to work hard in order to turn the dream into reality; where areal Bureau to develop an action plan consists of two items two grounds:

    First, a committee to search for the most suitable equipment and techniques.
    II: a committee to select the most appropriate sites for the construction of the new observatory.

Indeed, the First Committee was able to choose the necessary equipment for this observatory and contains school tends lens diameter of 76 cm (30 inches), was considered the most powerful observatories in the world when created. As for the location, the Commission has carried out a search Btoal Mediterranean coast in order to get a better location.

Commission did not find a better Mont Gros summit; where 374 meters above sea level in the city of Nice, and see the sea from all sides, in addition to being relatively far from the strong wind in the Rhone Valley, but for heaven are always net of this website which provides appropriate to do astronomical observation conditions, the conclusion, the site away from the city of Nice itself so as not to cause any interference with their lights in the monitoring process, and at the same time, the Corniche Road (in French: Grande Corniche) provides access to the site simply. Colonel Wagner insisted (in French: Colonel Wagner) - who was the chief engineer works in Nice - to choose this site, especially because it is strategically located for the army, especially as it is not far from the French-Italian border.

As such, Rafael has purchased all of the summit, surface area of ​​35 hectares, has been given the architectural design of Charles Garnier - who designed the earlier of the Observatory of Paris Opera is currently known as the Opera Garnier - has been named this architectural later Europe's greatest architect. As for the dome, which contains the lens Alvmlah, all designed by engineer Gustave Eiffel - who designed the Eiffel Tower at a later time to build the observatory - and thus completed all possibilities to build an observatory.

On December 3, 1879, Garnier designed to provide scientific Office supervising the project, and so began the practical steps to implement this project on the ground. Construction work has continued throughout the seven years ending in 1886, where he was officially opening on October 27, 1887 to be the culmination of a major project in which all the effort and money for the success of the project.

At the time of the establishment of the observatory in 1887 was his lens astronomical Baktrha of 76 cm (30 inches) is one of the largest lenses Alvklah, and remained so until the left lens Lick Observatory (in French: L'Observatoire de Lick), which reached a diameter of 91 cm (36 inches).
The current situation

Currently, no longer the observatory and the presence of a scientific point on behalf of the Nice Observatory; saluting been integrated with the Research and Studies Centre for Geodynamics and astronomical (in French: CERGA) the start of 1988 to create a unified Observatory on behalf of Cote da Observatory Azur (French: Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur).
Share: